Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Model Search




Fancy Pants is participating in a National Model Search. It benefits a cause that is very close to me. I have known about this organization for a while, and was waiting for the right time to be part of it. This is the time. As many of you may know, our 3rd child, Lachlan, was born at 25 1/2 weeks. We had him for 11 hours and 14 minutes. That day was such a gift! I realized when we came home, how important it was to have reminders that he was here. Even though his stay was brief, he changed our lives...he was important. The charity that is sponsoring the Model Search works to capture those few minutes or hours that families have with babies in this situation and preserve them forever. A network of photographers volunteer to come into the hospital and photograph babies and their families, when they will not leave the hospital. I know from experience how important this cause is. I was worried that I wouldn't be strong enough to be one of these photographers, but I know that I am. As I was signing up, I realized that we could also help by photographing little cuties for a model search! Perfect...I have lots of cute clients! So here is the deal. It is one day only. February 24th. Mark your calendars! Sessions are $25 and last for 10 minutes. You can expect 2-5 images to choose from for your order and I pick one to enter in the contest. I am offering a package with this deal. Since there will only be 2-5 proofs, I am not requiring the $300 minimum print purchase. Instead, I am offering 1 8x10, 1 5x7, and a set of wallets all the same pose for $70. After the initial package, if you want additional prints, you will be able to order ala carte. Family members and friends will be able to vote, so it is all up to you. Votes are $1 each with money going to Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep. Models must be between 18 months and 14 years old. Call to set up your Model session soon, there are a very limited number of spots.

If you want to read more about Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep, the website is:
http://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/about_us/

No comments: