Friday, July 03, 2009

Fancy Pants Photography PPA Awards | Austin Children's Photographer

I am so excited!!! PPA is the Professional Photographers Association, and they provide education, services, etc. to photographers nationally. I have been a member of PPA for several years and have attended several national conferences. Each year they hold a National Print Competition. This was my first year to enter, but it was a goal I had set for myself, and I wanted to finally send something in. We are able to send in 4 prints, but this year, I chose 3. The judging took place while I was on vacation, but I did receive an email while I was gone that 2 out of 3 images had received merit awards! When I got back and had internet access (it is hard to get used to not having it available) I was able to look through the list and found that one of the 2 images was one of 200 images chosen for the 2009 PPA Showcase Book. I am really excited and also grateful to the wonderful clients I have. I had a hard time even deciding what images to send in. So thanks to all of you who support me, and here are the images:)


This is the image that will also be in the PPA Showcase Book for 2009...


I can honestly say that something that also makes me so happy, is that both of these clients loved these images enough to display them large in their own homes...I think that is the biggest compliment I could get:)

3 comments:

corey civetta said...

Gorgeous images! Congratulations!!

dsr said...

Congrats on the award! I love that first portrait! An easy winner! Beautiful work!

Sarah said...

That is awesome Kelli! Beautiful images...well deserved!